Pitch Black

16:28:00

Hi Guys 

Sorry I’ve not done a post for a while, I’ve been really busy...
Because of that I have rather a special post for you wonderful bunch today… I am a writer, I have always been a writer and at the moment I am working on a longerthanmynormallength story. I am on page 6 (A4 size) and I wanted to share the first two paragraphs with you and see what you think. If you like it I might consider posting more, you never know! Right now it has only been read by a few relatives and some very close friends so putting it on the internet is a big thing for me…

THIS IS 100% MY OWN WORK!! J

 I hope you like it, comment your thoughts below. Please don’t just hate – if you have an improvement or something you don’t like post it as CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISICM if not I don’t want to hear it. J

Thanks for reading ly all and I hope you enjoy it! J xx


Pitch black
I woke up to a quiet so loud it was deafening. There were no cars. There were no planes. There was nothing. Just quiet. My toes touched the delicate rug by my bed as my legs took me over to the window. Blankets of crystal snow covered the world. I could hear nothing. Yet I could see noise. Small children yelling as they flew down our road on sledges. Friends laughing and pushing each other into mounds of white. People talking and shouting and yelling and whispering and singing everywhere. Except in my ears. Fear began creeping into my brain. I opened my mouth to scream but nothing came out. People still came running. My family. Running to answer my scream. Talking. Asking if I was okay. Obviously I was not. I saw both my parents scream ‘Sophie’ but I couldn’t hear them. Nothing made sense. Not the deafening silence where sound should be. Not the anxious faces looking down at me. Not even the fact that as I screamed for help people answered. Especially not that fact that this was only happening to me. 


The sound of nothing is worse than even a child's scream. The emptiness of everything, especially when you know you should be hearing sound. When it feels as though a blanket has been wrapped around your head. When you feel like you are underwater. When you're drowning in a deafness so absolute nothing can pierce it. When you realise you might never hear again. When you realise this. You feel like your life is over. Like there is nothing worse. And for a musician like me. There probably isn't. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is brilliant, really captivating, I'm looking forward to reading the rest! I've also got a story on the go :) this is a lovely way to test the waters and share your writing :)

    Loves! Kirstie

    Kimamely Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw wow! Thank you so much! It means a lot to me that you enjoyed it! Thank you! :)

      Lucy xoxo

      Delete