Summer Book Favourites

09:00:00

Hi guys,

Today I have my summer book favourites for you. These are my three favourite books that I have read throughout the summer months. Let me know if you would like me to do one of these for each season.






The first book favourite I have is ‘The Accident Season’ by Moïra Fowley-Doyle.




The description for this book is:

It’s the accident season, the same time every year. Bones break, skin tears, bruises bloom.

The accident season has been part of seventeen year old Cara’s life for as long as she can remember: a month of mysterious injuries and tragedies, which casts a constant shadow over Cara and her family.
This year, the accident season will break more than just bones. Because Cara is starting to ask questions -  and all her family’s secrets will rise to the surface.

Intoxicating, devastating, dark and intense – the accident season is here.’

I read this book in a day. It has a supernatural element, which helps build the theme of the story and it is a very mysterious book which I loved about it. This book really sucked me in and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I would definitely recommend it. This is also Moïra Fowley-Doyle’s first novel so I am looking forward to her future works.


My second book favourite(s) has been the ‘Delirium’ trilogy by Lauren Oliver. The three books in this trilogy are ‘Delirium’, ‘Pandemonium’ and ‘Requiem’.




The description for the first book is:

They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.'

I mentioned this in my ‘What I’ve Been Reading… July’ post (HERE), and since finishing the trilogy I can confirm my initial thoughts. These books were gripping and real page-turners. They were very enjoyable and I would really recommend them. I have also really enjoyed reading her other books.


My final book favourite from this summer was ‘Running Girl’ by Simon Mason.




This book’s synopsis is:
Meet Garvie Smith. Highest IQ ever recorded at Marsh Academy. Lowest ever grades. What's the point, anyway? Life sucks. Nothing ever happens.

Until Chloe Dow's body is pulled from a pond.

DI Singh is already on the case. Ambitious, uptight, methodical - he's determined to solve the mystery and get promoted. He doesn't need any 'assistance' from notorious slacker, Smith.

Or does he?

I read this book in two days (I think). It was brilliant. I could not put it down. This book was full of tension and excellently written. I loved it. This is the first book in the Garvie Smith series, but there is another one coming soon. I am looking forward to it. It’s full of twists and turns, which are another reason it was such a page turner, I got to a big twist just before dinner one day, I then proceeded to eat with it on my lap. I would definitely recommend this, especially if you love things like Sherlock Holmes.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it, let me know your favourite book this summer in the comments.


Lucy xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is a great post and I look forward to reading these books! I haven't read any of them, but I've heard a lot of good things about Delirium by Lauren Olivier, so I'll definitely have to start it soon! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it, let me know what you think if you read any of them :)
      Lucy xx

      Delete